Sunday, July 29, 2012

Postcards from the Dead Sea -exposition in Brussels

Opening door to the gallery 
The biennale "Parcours d'artistes" in the arts district Brussels Saint Gilles was the setting of my exposition "Mer Morte".  The picturesque gallery 'La Charcuterie' opened its door for the special expo FORMAT CARTE POSTAL.  Eight photographers presented eight images as postcards.  Among these pictural voyages I exposed a selection of photographs from the Dead Sea-project created with Lana Nasser in 2011.  I liked the intriguing shape 10 x 15, associated with landscapes for far away, for it accentuates well the mysterious beauty of the Dead Sea at the Jordanian banks.  Travelling by eyes has always been the aim of such postcards, and travelling is a sensation I love to evoke in my work.





Anne Pollet, La dame du gallery, in conversation with King Kong-radiomaker Johan De Smet 


About me

My photo
Earthly Astronaut + Theatre Initiator + Metamorphotographer + Global Activist + Story Collector + Mythmaker + Maskings & Feathercraft = A part of me.